Hi! It is I, Luna, and Wanda graciously invited me to guest post here, so…. here I am! I’m so happy to be able to post on such an awesome blog, and if you would for some unheard of reason like to visit my blog, feel free to do so (after reading this post, of course).
I’m going to give all the new bloggers out there some tips (not that I’m a pro because haha nope) to get started and get into blogging! If you’re considering starting a blog, or you’ve just begun, hopefully this list will help.
- Don’t worry about how many followers you’ve got. It doesn’t matter, as long as you’re enjoying it. Don’t start blogging with the expectation of getting 50 followers overnight, because unfortunately that’s just not how it works. You’ll have to earn your followers, and earn them you will!
- Be yourself! Blog about what you’re passionate about, and whatever you feel like. It’s your blog and its content is completely up to you. People appreciate reading something raw, real and unique every now and then.
- Get out there and become a part of the blogging community! Leave comments, read other people’s posts and follow blogs you like. This will help get you noticed and it’s up to you to put yourself out there. Plus, this community we have here on WordPress is wonderful. You’ll meet so many amazing people!
- It’s okay to start over. If at any point you’re not satisfied or happy with whatever you’re posting, or you aren’t enjoying blogging, it is perfectly fine to wipe the slate clean and try again, completely fresh. Just end your old blog and start anew.
- Make your posts easy to read. Don’t use too many different colours and fonts and make sure your background doesn’t make it hard to see the text. Try to write with decent grammar, because most people, like me, would find it hard to read something with an overload of emojis, abbreviations and acronyms.
- Be respectful to other bloggers and readers. Think about what you’re writing, and try not to be insensitive or disrespectful. It’s easy to misunderstand writing!
- Take the time to organise your blog. Customise it, categorise your posts, experiment with all the available widgets, create different pages and make it however you like, keeping in mind that it has to be easy to navigate and read.
I certainly hope these tips will help you get started on your blogging journey, which I’m sure will be wonderful, by the way. And surely you enjoyed the GIFs because who doesn’t like some Harry Potter? 😀 Remember to read Wanda’s awesome post on my blog as well, in case you haven’t already! You’ll definitely find it helpful.